Guide to moving alone – advantages & costs
Get a free estimate
The moving process can be stressful and exhausting, moreover if you are doing everything by yourself. However, every move can be a new exciting adventure. You can have a lot of fun during the process if you are doing it right. For that reason, our moving company Zenith Movers NYC prepared a perfect moving alone guide. In this article, we will explain to you when it is necessary to get help, as well as how to save money and time during the moving process. We truly hope you will enjoy what we have prepared just for you. Without any further ado let us get started.
Guide to moving alone – advantages & costs
The moving process is not only stressful it can also be an expensive experience. If you are willing to learn some good tips and tricks on how to cut your moving costs you have come to the right place. You need to keep these few things in mind, and you will have full control of moving alone costs.
- Find moving supplies – You might have some cardboard boxes in your attic or basement. If they are in good shape you can use them to pack your belongings. However, if you don’t have them you can always go to the nearest convenience store and asked them if they have some cardboard boxes the can give you. Also cutting the costs means you should find coupons online for moving supplies.
- Earn money while packing – The first thing you need to do before you are all packed and ready to go is to decide what are the belongings you won’t use anymore. If you are not going to use something there is no point in bringing it with you. You should organize a garage or yard sale. Therefore you will earn money and give away the thing you are not going to bring to your new apartment – That said you will have less packing to do.
- Plan your move in the summertime – Summer is perfect for planing the move. You can have your vacation days off your work to plan the move. However, there are some pros and cons of moving during the summer. For example, you can find a new apartment in summer faster but your moving costs might be higher than usual.
Ask for more than needed help.
Moving on your own does not mean that you are not allowed to ask for help. If you want to stick to the budget you should call your family members and friends to help you with your move. Especially if you are preparing to move abroad with your kids. Packing itself is exhausting, just imagine doing it alone with kids. You should ask for help whenever you need it. Your friends can help you with packing and labeling, and your family can take care of your kids. Moreover, if some of them own a truck they can help you move your boxes to the new apartment. Don’t forget to ask them to lend you suitcases or moving supplies if they have them.
How to prepare artwork for relocation
When it comes to fine art you need to handle them with precaution and special care. There are some more details in our moving alone guide that concerns moving your artwork. The best advice we can give you is to leave it to the professional moving company Fine art movers NYC. They specialized in moving artwork from your old home to a new one or storage units. However, you can do it yourself by packing them in protected boxes, and do not forget to bubble wrap them as well. You want your artwork to arrive in one piece to your new living space. Therefore we sincerely advise you to contact your moving company.
Hiring the moving company – guidelines for moving alone
When it comes to moving companies there are some things you should keep in mind. The first thing to be aware of is that they will charge you for moving costs. However, they will also help you to have a stress free moving experience. Moving companies like Zenith Moving NYC have a lot of experience in this field. They are a well known moving company with professional employees.
If you are planning to move abroad you will need a moving company to assist you. They are more experiences in international relocation then you can imagine. We advise you to contact international movers NYC and give them details of your move. Please be aware that international moving is going to be harder than cross country relocation. Also, you should do your research and read the reviews before you chose the perfect movers for the job.
Guidelines to move alone like a pro you need to remember
There are some useful tips and tricks you need to remember when you are moving on your own:
- Find a good storage unit – You might need a storage unit for your belongings especially if you need to make space for them in your new apartment or you are not willing to give them up. There are also some common storage rental mistakes you should avoid. For example, don’t forget to maintain your storage unit. However, the most important thing is not to forget to pay the rent for your storage.
- Pack your clothes like a pro – There are some easy tips on packing your closets and dresses like a pro. For example, roll up your clothes and don’t forget the hangers. If you are wondering how to do that, just use plastic bags to cover your coats on hangers and they are ready to go.
Guide for moving alone – conclusion
This concludes our moving guide for all of you that are willing to do this on your own. If you follow our instructions you will be ready for relocation in no time. However, if you have some more questions feel free to contact Zenith Moving NYC company. They are always eager to help you with your relocation. Good luck with your move and don’t forget to have fun in the process.
Get Your Free Moving Estimate Now!
Whether you are relocating around the corner, across NYC, or nationwide – Zenith Moving NYC is among the best movers in Manhattan to contact!GET QUOTE