Packing the basement – tips and tricks
Get a free estimate
If you are packing the basement and need some tips and tricks, you have come to the right place. We will help you out with some of the most amazing tips and tricks for packing. You can pack your basement, your living room, your dining room, etc, with our guide. However, the topic for today is basement packing and we will be more than happy to help you out with that. Usually, basements are not the cleanest of places, so you will need to do a thorough cleaning before you decide to pack anything. Also, your basement might be stacked to the brim, so you might need some additional moving boxes. However, there is no point in spoiling our guide for you before we even properly begin it. So, without any further ado, let us see how to properly pack your basement items.
Packing the basement – what to do first?
There are some things you will need to do first before packing your basement completely. Keep in mind that this is not the same as packing the living room. You will need to be extra careful and more meticulous when this is concerned. In any case, make sure to:
- Clean everything thoroughly. Since it is your basement in question, you will have to clean everything thoroughly to make sure that you can safely pack your items. This is where the advantages of plastic storage bins can best be seen. If you place something dirty inside a plastic bin, it will stick to the bin itself and you can see it before you store that. Then, you should clean both the item you placed inside and the moving bin as well. Simply make sure that everything is clean and you will be fine.
- Get some amazing packing supplies and materials. You should make sure to have really good supplies and materials for your basement move. Who knows – you might be packing antiques & collectibles from your basement and you will need good supplies to make sure that nothing happens to your items.
- Find the best deals. You should also look for some of the best moving supplies, but also affordable ones. Learn more about the average price of moving supplies in your area. Also, make sure that you only get the best professional ones. There is no point in moving with some bad supplies. Thus, make sure that you are always equipped with some of the best ones. Believe us, it will mean a lot to your move.
What to do next?
There are several ways you can take this from cleaning and preparing your basement for the move. One of the really good ideas would be to hire one of the best moving companies in NYC. With their help, you can relocate not only your basement but your house as well. Of course, you can also ask your professionals to pack your items for you. Here is what you can do next:
- Prepare for your moving day. If you have completed everything, the only thing left to do is to prepare for your moving day. Simply be patient and wait for your West Village movers to come and relocate you. You can also complete the relocation on your own, but you will need to dedicate a lot of time and energy for that. In any case, if you have managed to complete everything, you should await your moving day.
- Add some finishing touches. Of course, if you only packed your basement, you will need to complete the rest of your packing process. However, it might be a good idea to pack your basement first, simply because you are, probably, not using those items anymore. So, you will have other rooms to pack, provided that you did not pack them already. If you are in an office, a good idea might be to contact some Manhattan commercial movers to help you out.
Why is packing the basement so important?
You will, most likely, keep your old items and the items you are not using in your basement. You might even turn your basement relocation/packing process into a profit. Thus, it would be a good idea to:
- Declutter everything first. You will not relocate every single thing in your basement. Thus, it might be a good idea to declutter first. Designate which items you would like to pack and bring along with you and the items you will not be bringing along. Since it would not be nice at all to leave the items in your basement, you need to find something to do with them. Fortunately, there are some options for you.
- Organize a sale. You should organize a garage/basement sale if you are moving away from your home. That way, you will kill two birds with one stone. Moreover, you will be earning something for the items you would have otherwise tossed away. Thus, it is a good idea to clean everything and to try and resell it. It will provide you with some extra income for your move as well.
Things you can do with your basement items
You might also want to check some amazing storage options if you require space for your relocation. That way, you can have a lot of space free for some other things. In other words, you should store your items if you do not know what to do with them. Moreover, if you are not planning on moving yet, you can store your packed basement items either in your basement, or you can rent some amazing storage options. Either way works when this is concerned, so keep this on your mind as well.
Packing the basement – final thoughts
When packing your basement is concerned, you need to make sure that everything is clean and in order. Moreover, you need to make sure that you can complete your relocation on time, despite having to pack your basement and your house as well. Thus, make sure you complete everything perfectly. Have fun with this one!
Get Your Free Moving Estimate Now!
Whether you are relocating around the corner, across NYC, or nationwide – Zenith Moving NYC is among the best movers in Manhattan to contact!GET QUOTE