Moving house is not possible without packing and transporting all those awkward and fragile items. Also, moving our pets is an important task we want to do in the best possible way. Relocating fish and their aquariums to another home is not possible without thorough preparations. Whether you will pack an aquarium by yourself or you will let this job to the movers, you need to have a plan. In order to help you out, our white glove movers NYC will remind you of the stages you will have to go through when moving an aquarium. One of the most demanding tasks this time will be packing your aquarium. For that reason, we decide to share useful advice on packing an aquarium for transport. Stay with us and learn how to prepare and do this task without stress and haste.
Prepare for packing an aquarium for transport
The most important thing you have to do before you start packing a fish tank for transport is to decide what to do with fish. Maybe you did not know, but fish are not that easy to transport, especially if you are moving long-distance. Since fish are extremely sensitive creatures maybe you should change your mind and do not transport your fish at all. Are you ready to give your fish to some of your friends or neighbors? Maybe you can get new ones once you settle in your new home? Or you will give them to a local friend or family member and store your fish tank in storage units Long Island City has? Anyway, you will have to know what to do with an aquarium before, during, and after the big day.
Create a strategy
After you decide will you move your fish or not, you have to take care of the fish tank. If you ask our Zenith Moving NYC experts, they will tell you that one of the first things you should know is that you have to transport your tank empty. So, make a strategy in place for moving everything inside of it, including your aquatic friends, equipment, plants, gravel, rocks, and figurines. Therefore, your first step when packaging a fish tank for transport is to gather the essential supplies that you will need to make this happen. Some of the required items on the list you probably own already, but others you will have to go get in advance.
Collect your supplies in advance
According to our Long Island City movers, here is what you need for packing an aquarium for transport:
- Buckets, plastic bags, or containers for fish
- Having a fishnet is a must because you need to get your fish out of the tank somehow. In this case, aquarium fishnets are your best solution.
- Packing tape or duct tape
- Siphon hose or water-changer hoses
- Other packing supplies such as wrapping paper and air bubble plastic sheets. Make sure to have anti-slip paper sheets to prevent sliding your slick aquarium during the transport.
Main steps during packing an aquarium for transport
- Unplug the lights and heater
- Remove plants, decorations, filter, and use supplies you had purchase from Amazon to pack all these items.
- Drain the water from the aquarium
- It is time for packing an aquarium for transport with or without your fish.