Checklist for the night before the move
Get a free estimate
If you need a checklist for the night before the move, you have come to the right place. Our moving company knows a lot about moving day preparation and we are here to help you out with that. However, you will need to do several things before you relocate successfully. The night before the move is one of the most important nights in your life. You will have to plan and prepare a lot for the upcoming day. Moreover, you will need to have a detailed checklist with “to do” things if you wish to relocate successfully. Fortunately, we will help you out in our short guide. Thus, feel free to grab some popcorn and enjoy our tips and tricks. We sincerely hope that you will end up using some of them.
Checklist for the night before the move – why is it important?
You will need to prepare for moving while it is raining, for example, but you will not know that up until your moving day. Thus, a good idea might be to create a checklist with some things you probably did not expect but might happen. Here is how your checklist should look like:
- Double-check everything. If you called one of the best moving companies NYC offers for your relocation, they probably told you to prepare before your moving day. Thus, you will have to double-check everything again. Follow their instructions (if any) and prepare for your day. If you did not get any instructions, check your essential items. If there is still something left in your house when everything is packed, then you did something wrong. Do not worry, you can easily correct a lot of things, provided that you prepared well.
- Check if everything is unplugged. You should make sure that everything is unplugged before you move. It is a big mistake if you did not pack your fridge, for example, but it is still plugged in. It will take a lot of time for it to become ready for relocation. So, keep this in mind.
- Finish your cleaning. You might want to finish with your cleaning, at least for the rooms that are fully packed. Once your interstate movers NYC arrive, you will not have time to clean, right? So, make sure that everything is cleaned before your moving company comes.
What about packing?
Usually, people tend to pack before their moving day. Packing is one of the hardest processes and parts of any relocation. Thus, you will need to pack and prepare for your packing well in advance. A good idea, as always, is to purchase your packing and moving supplies from Amazon a few weeks before your moving day. That way, they will arrive just in time for your move. You should not leave a lot of your belongings for packing on your moving day. Typically, your moving day is for loading your transport vehicle and starting your move to your new home. Packing will take a lot of time, so, if you did not pack beforehand, it might be late to pack tomorrow as well.
The last thing you want to do the night before the move is to think about packing closets & dressers for your move tomorrow. Thus, a good idea would be to pack at least 80% of your belongings before your moving day. That way, you will not have to rush during early morning hours to pack everything you can inside some simple cardboard boxes. In any case, you must pack your essential items way before your move. If you do this, you will have no problems the night before your move. Why? Well, you will have everything you need, so nothing to worry about, right? Nevertheless, make sure to double-check everything and you should be fine.
Checklist for the night before the move – anything else you need to know?
You should not greet your SoHo movers without being ready for the move. Thus, make sure to check if everything is ready the night before. Also, you might want to do this as well:
- Make sure you have some treats and non-alcoholic drinks. It might be a nice idea to greet your movers with some treats and non-alcoholic drinks for more energy. Moving and relocation are hard, so it would really be a nice thing if you think about this as well. Moreover, your movers will certainly enjoy it as well.
- Read about relocation. If you have never relocated before, it might be the right time to read more about the entire process of relocation. This will help you with understanding what you should expect tomorrow. In any case, do not forget that you should write some moving company reviews after your move is done. It will help future clients.
- Check your finances again. Usually, a moving company asks for payment once the relocation is complete. You should make sure that you have your finances ready to pay for your relocation. There are few things worse than not having enough money for your relocation. It might cause an embarrassing situation, so keep this in mind as well.
Storage is always important
Nevertheless, you should also think about your storage space. Remember, it is never too late to get a storage unit or two, simply find them before your moving day. If you think that you will need some extra space, getting some extra storage is definitely the thing you should do. Having enough storage space is both useful and beneficial for your move. That way, you will not have to worry if you can fit all your belongings inside your new home. Even if you cannot, you can store them inside storage until you are ready to pick them up again.
Checklist for the night before the move – conclusion
If you have created your checklist for the night before the move, all you need to do is to wait for the next day and to relocate. Remember, there is still some time to fix potential mistakes, so keep this in mind as well. Good luck with your move!
Get Your Free Moving Estimate Now!
Whether you are relocating around the corner, across NYC, or nationwide – Zenith Moving is among the best movers in Manhattan to contact!GET QUOTE