How to plan a move in 24 hours
Get a free estimate
Planning your relocation can be a frustrating task, especially when time is against you. You can accomplish so much by carefully planning each step. By investing time in preparation DIY move can be a fun task to accomplish. Good organization is indeed quite important for successful relocation but since time is not a commodity in this situation, we will have to do it only partly and put more focus on action. Together we will go through all the essentials that will help you successfully plan a move in 24 hours. In this guide, we will learn how to triumph in this intense battle against time! We better hurry up as there is no time to lose!
Don’t panic, you can plan a move in 24 hours
First things first, calm yourself and take a deep breath. You can successfully plan a move in 24 hours. With a calm mind, almost everything can be achieved and even the toughest move can become a garden butterfly if planned properly.
There are two ways to work this out. You can DIY or hire a professional moving company to do it for you.
- DIY requires a tactical and thorough approach given regards to a tight schedule, just 24h in our case! You have to be determined and well organized since there will be no time for wasting.
- The second solution is stress-free and can be easy as calling a number on the phone. Take a glance at what the local moving companies have to offer. If you are located anywhere near NYC do not forget to take a look at some of the best moving companies NYC has to offer!
Both decisions have their pros and cons. DIY is definitely a more economical solution but it can be a hard hustle if done without any similar previous experience. Also, DIY can become quite expensive unless everything goes as you planned. Broken items can start to pile up and there is always a risk of injuries during heavy lifting while relocating. Opposite of that, renting a professional moving company is stress-free and guarantees success. Depending on your possibilities, one choice is better than the other.
Don’t complicate, the simpler the better
Simple solutions are the best ones. Having that as your light motto during relocation will help you a lot in decision making and save you a ton of precious time!
Use the Internet, why bother spending time on making a checklist when you can download them in a minute and plan a move in 24 hours. Other than that, you will have to make a move, no time to waste:
- Confirm that transport is organized, this is crucial;
- Consider calling a friend, family member, or a neighbor and explain to them that you are in a tight time schedule and that you need help ASAP;
- Gather all the wrapping materials, empty boxes, and bags you can find and put them in one place;
- Pack your essential belongings like IDs, money, clothes, toothbrush, and phone charger, as if you were leaving on a short holiday, and keep them where you can see them. The future self will thank you for this later.
- Start packing, don’t think too much while doing it, ultimate rule is that heavy objects should go to the bottom and then the lighter objects on top;
- Use all the empty packing space wisely, pack condense.
- Start to disassemble large furniture that cannot fit in a transport trunk or is too heavy to lift;
- Finally, you don’t need to take everything with you, toss away or donate useless stuff.
Think ahead and there will be no surprises
In order to successfully plan a move in 24 hours think ahead before deciding to do something.
During relocation, your health should be your most important priority. Hey! Don’t run with scissors! Think well before lifting that heavy furniture, if there is no other way and help is not available at the moment, consider disassembling it. Another good safety tip is to put on boots and gloves while in a hasty relocation, it happened more than once for a person to injure its feet or hand during heavy lifting.
The second important priority should be the safe transport of your belongings. Wrap those plates up, don’t put glass near the glass, watch those TV edges, and tight these bottles of liquor a bit more so they don’t spill during transport. Just to name a few unpleasantries that can happen due to an unfortunate lack of time for proper planning and careful packing. Form straps, protective wrapping, safety mats, and covers for safer transport and reduction of unnecessary damage to your inventory. Usually, it takes up a whole month to pack decently and you have to do it in a day, that calls for extra caution.
It is more often than not that the size of your move is underestimated, which calls for professional support. See about calling an experienced moving company if unsure of your success. They will help you \0 u plan your move and make life much easier. Professionals like Forrest Hills moving companies will take your directives and work everything out by themselves, no need to stress yourself about the time or means of relocation.
Plan a move in 24 hours with ease by calling in professionals
There is always an option to rent professional help. It’s better to decide that sooner than later. If the deadline for relocation is 24 hours, depending on the size of your inventory, sometimes it means that only a professional moving company will manage to make relocation possible in due time.
Professional help also implies reliable, sturdy, and of the highest quality use of equipment. It also includes the use of specialized high-quality packing equipment like moving boxes Manhattan that will guarantee the safe transport of your belongings.
Professional companies also possess other unconventional transport equipment specialized for the transportation of luxury objects, such as large moving trucks. Since there is more to do than just transport stuff from location A to location B, especially when you are moving into a crowded city area, logistics are also organized by the moving companies.
You will save a lot of time by renting a professional help and this tough task to plan a move in 24 hours can become just another day in your life other than a stressful rush in battle with time.
This will have been the third time we relocated in the past five years. And we were really not looking forward to it, especially with a three- bedroom apartment. However, Zenith Moving really came through for us! They were on time, professional and very accommodating above all!
Get Your Free Moving Estimate Now!
Whether you are relocating around the corner, across NYC, or nationwide – Zenith Moving is among the best movers in Manhattan to contact!GET QUOTE