The right time to pack as well as the right order of packing is very important. In order to ease your move, you should know how to use your time in the best way possible. The first thing you should do before you pack wooden furniture is to decide which pieces you want to actually move. For example, if you are moving into a smaller apartment, not all pieces might fit in. Also, if you are having a busy schedule and moving with kids, it won’t be easy to pack everything a week before the move. Packing furniture is usually the last thing to do before the move since you will be using the pieces on a daily basis.
If you don’t know where to start, here’s a handy tip. In order to pack wooden furniture like a pro, you will need to clear out space in the room. Also, you should make sure that your furniture is disassembled, if possible. If not, you can use various packing materials in order to secure every piece during the move. Keep reading and find out which packing supplies you should get for this purpose.
Prepare packing materials
Getting packing supplies can be easy, especially if you know what you’re looking for. While some of these supplies might be cheap and easy to get, you might need to ask professional movers Manhattan to provide some. In general, the best materials to use to pack wooden furniture are foam bags, sofa and table protectors and a stretch film. Here are some ideas for using each of these materials.
- Foam bags – they are versatile, waterproof and come in many sizes. You can use them to pack wooden furniture and protect it from scratches and moisture.
- Sofa and table protectors are the best quality packing supplies, especially when it comes to packing antique and valuable furniture. These protectors have a few layers and are also waterproof.
- Moving blankets are used to protect bulky and oversized pieces of furniture. If you can’t find any, you should ask your movers to provide them during the move.
Book moving assistance
Before you start packing your furniture for the move, you should plan the moving day and the way you want to transport it. If you are not sure whether you should move by yourself to a new home, here are some benefits of hiring movers:
- Moving companies know how to secure belongings. After you pack wooden furniture and the rest of your household, your movers will take care of loading and transportation.
- Hiring local movers Manhattan may be cheaper than a DIY move. Getting all the supplies and making sure every step of the move goes according to the plan is not easy. Moreover, there some unexpected moving costs may occur at any time.
- Moving fragile furniture is tricky. Let professional movers handle it on a moving day. You could choose a packing service and take the load off of your shoulders.
- Movers save you time. If you are moving the last minute, the packing will be the least of your moving problems. If you decide to hire movers, you can choose a full-moving service and let movers handle the moving day timeline efficiently.
Hiring movers has many benefits, but in the end, you should decide which moving plan works the best for you. In case you are moving long-distance in Manhattan, you should consider hiring a moving company that specializes in long-distance moves.
Pack wooden furniture like a pro
Whether you plan to move a few blocks away from your current home or move long-distance, you should make sure to avoid unnecessary moving complications. In order to pack wooden furniture like a pro, you will need to plan the process first. This implies decluttering and clearing out the room first. If you don’t have enough space to work in, you should consider putting the rest of the moving boxes in one room. This way the furniture will remain the only thing to pack in the end.
Keep in mind that all the dirt and dust you pack along your furniture pieces will be transferred into your new home. This is why you should vacuum and clean your home (not in detail) before you pack wooden furniture. Once all of your packing supplies are ready, the process can start.
The first thing you should do is to decide which furniture pieces can be disassembled. In case you need to pack bigger pieces of furniture, make sure to use sturdy and water-protective materials. Keep in mind that you should pack each piece of furniture individually. Also, pay attention to the order of loading pieces into the moving truck. If you are not hiring residential movers Manhattan, you should load the bigger pieces like a sofa bed and kitchen table first. If you secure them the right way, you shouldn’t have any problems with placing the rest of the moving boxes on top.
Prepare your new home before unpacking furniture
After moving into a new home, there will still be some planning left to do. What you should consider is to measure every room and make a plan of furniture placing. If you don’t do this, you might end up placing your wooden furniture in the wrong spot and in need of transferring it again. This can cause you to lose time and energy and potentially damage your furniture.
No matter how big or small your furniture pieces are, you should consider getting it ready for the move. The way you pack wooden furniture will define whether it stays safe and in one piece during the move. If you pack all of your belongings the right wat, after moving into a new home, the unpacking process can be easy and efficient.